Residential Home Inspection Service in Staten Island
If you are in the market for a new home, you will also be in the market for a good home inspector. Indeed, many home purchase contracts are contingent upon passing an inspection. Even if it does not unearth any glaring problems, a thorough home inspection gives the prospective homeowner important insight into the status of the property. Because both insurance providers and lenders will want to see a copy of the inspection report, we know how crucial it is to be accurate with our reports.
At Ace Home Inspections, we recommend that our clients be on-site the whole time because of the types of questions that come up during an inspection. A prospective homeowner will get much more out of the process if he or she is involved from start to finish instead of arriving at the end to pick up the report.
If you’re looking for a qualified home inspector, there a number of questions you should ask beforehand which will make your search a bit easier.
Questions To Ask Your Home Inspector
- How long will it take? Most inspections last anywhere from two to four hours, depending on the home’s condition and its size. Other factors that you should take into account are the home’s age, the number of systems to be inspected, and the number of electrical and main panels.
- Are they members of a professional inspectors group? As a testament to our training and professionalism, Ace Home Inspections is a proud member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- Can I view a sample report? We want our customers to know what to expect. For this reason, we post sample inspection reports on our website. Our detailed reports point out any defects with the house along with photos and videos to explain the problem. Our reports also include an interactive Create Request List (CRL) tool, which enables you to create a list of repairs you want to request for the home.
- When will I get the report? We pride ourselves on making sure our clients get their reports in a timely fashion. We understand how important this is because many contracts include an inspection deadline. With our HomeGauge Software, reports are available to clients within 24 hours following inspection from any computer or mobile device.
- Do you do specialized inspections? Because you may also need to get inspections for radon, septic or mold depending on the house and where it’s located, it helps to know if your inspector offers these services. For instance, we offer a full range of mold inspection services, which includes air quality sampling and assessments for remediation. We also do clearance inspections upon completion of a mold projects.
- What kind of experience do you have? Frank Baldassarre, owner and operator of Ace Home Inspections, is a New York State licensed home inspector with over ten years of industry experience assisting buyers and sellers in New York City. With an extensive background in home construction, Frank and his team know exactly what to look for when performing a home inspection.
- How much does a home inspection cost? Typically, an inspection ranges from $300-$600, which depends on the age and size of the house.
- What areas will not be included in the report, and what is the condition of those areas? In colder weather, exterior surfaces such as the patio, deck, roof or driveway cannot be inspected if they are still covered with snow or ice. In addition to inspecting the structural, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems, however, we examine the exterior, the roof system, fireplaces, attics, and the insulation and ventilation in the home.
Home Inspector Near Me
Ace Home Inspections offers residential inspections for single-family homes, condos and townhouses in Staten Island, Brooklyn, the Bronx and nearby boroughs in New York City. For this reason, we follow New York State’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. If you are looking for a qualified home inspector or a licensed mold assessor near you in New York City, we also cover Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and the Bronx.
NYS Licensed Home Inspector
NYS Licensed Termite Inspector
NYS Licensed Mold Assessor
Member of InterNACHI